BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.



Thursday, June 17, 2010

I love my doggies but.....

Boy howdy, can they be a lot of trouble! And yes, doggies, plural. About 3 weeks ago I decided, with out telling anyone to rescue a sweet little old poodle from the pound. Her name is Bella. =)
Bella is about 7 years old. She's quite the low maintenance dog however I wouldn't exactly consider her potty trained. Like, she doesn't let me know when she's got to go! Any dog I've had previously would go stick it's nose in the door, where it is accustomed to going out of for potty purposes. Not her, if she needs to do her business, she will just sneak behind your back and drop a few somewhere. Quite annoying..... but she's so little and delicate, and I do mean delicate, bony little thing. So I have a hard time disciplining her by way of force like I would my other big dog. Let's talk about Jake. He is a 9 month old small pony. Actually a Lab.
He's beautiful and BIG which was exactly what I wanted (so I thought). He's also out of control and raging with hormones. He needs to be snipped, among other things. And I know I know, there is no bad dog, just bad owners. Well we're not bad owners.... we're just not competent when it comes to training an animal.... (the jury is still out for the kids....) He's so sweet though but man, he just can not stop barking! I mean it's incessant! He's like a rooster at the crack of dawn. None of us can sleep in, and heck if I ever get a chance to have a "quiet time".... I think Satan must use Jake as a ploy... FYI: people need to do heavy research before purchasing America's favorite breed. Lab's are A LOT of work. I have only seen previews of Marley and me but I imagine it's a pretty accurate movie. All I wanted was a nice laid back Yellow Labrador.... Jake is FAR from laid back. He's the complete opposite. In all my reading how the heck did I miss that Lab's are so hyper active?!?! But I'm a loyal person, and whatever the cost, I'm in it for the long haul. And as I keep telling my family, Jake is staying. =) If you are considering getting a Lab or just a dog in general.... and don't have a whole lot of knowledge in proper dog training, I highly suggest getting an older dog. A 5 year old Lab is just calming down, so don't worry about him being slow or unable to play or something. Bella is stinkin 7 and she's still got pep in her step. Not to mention, it feels good to rescue a dog. Just a thought...... did I mention I love my doggies....

0 comments: