BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Great Grands are GREAT =)

Today me and the girls took a little trip over to Grandma and Grandpa Whites house. My dad's mother and father. My brothers and I spent A LOT of time with them growing up and I have many many wonderful memories with Grandma and Grandpa. It's cool that my children get to know them and hopefully will even establish some of their own memories. Going to their house is so funny to me because seriously, I feel like it gets smaller every time I go. This is the house my dad grew up in. It's old people. When I was a child I felt like it was pretty big for a grandparents house. I mean, theres only two of them and they each have there own room! And they had this other room that I imagine used to be a garage. It has this sweet sink that hangs on the wall. Just a sink. I thought that was cool. And in this room was where my first introduction to sewing was. So yeah, today was a fun trip down memory lane.

The girls did pretty good, hanging out and chatting. I can remember my parents taking me on these kinds of visits when I was little. You know, to see the old people. It was always so boring because they had no toys and sometimes their houses smelt funny. When you're a kid you don't know these older folks, so you don't have the memories to really appreciate the visit ya know? So you sit there all bored and waiting till they get done talking. Usually you are starving too!

Anyway, today was nothing like that! hehe, loads of fun for all. Of course I brought my camera to take pictures.... poor Grandpa is hanging on by a thread so I like to make sure I get "one last photo" each time I see him.

Then Micaila gets a hold of my camera. And mind you I had my big SLR. She ACTUALLY took some good pictures... I think this child has a future in photography.

Some of them are better than what I got. It's funny how you can hand an adult a camera and they become all confused and don't know how to use it but my 3 1/2 year old can totally figure it out with no problem and even get it centered and take a decent one! Amazing.....

0 comments: