BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.



Monday, October 18, 2010

Moving update

Sooooo I had not had a chance to blog about the fact that our closing date was pushed back due to a small oversight on the bank end. (I know big shocker) Apparently they had thought the seller had closed back in February but he actually had closed on July 15. Obviously banks have rules and requirements that you must meet as a home owner and one our lender has is that you aren't to "flip" a house within a 90 day period. We were to close on October 15. Right on the 90 day marker. But the funny thing is for us to move forward the bank requested we get a 2nd appraisal to ensure the houses value was not less than what we were buying it for. Doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me considering those seem like 2 separate issues but not a whole lot you can do about it and the bank was paying for the appraisal so that's what we have been waiting for. And not to our surprise at all the house again appraised 30k over what we are buying it for. So we are hoping that we close by the end of the week.

It hasn't been fun or easy STILL being here when we should be in our new home putting away dishes and setting up furniture. In fact, it's become extremely difficult within the last 3 weeks. I also have neglected to blog about the joys of being one big happy family in one tiny bedroom. My parents house is sort of...... well...... falling apart and particularly in the room we were sleeping in. Water managed to soak up through the slab warping the hard wood floors and creating a really great musty aroma. Jason had to rip up some of the flooring in there and they are still in the process of resolving the issue. So here we are, all cramped up in Micaila and Ryann's bedroom. Whelp, this certainly has been a great method of birth control! I mean seriously, not only are Jason and I around my parents all the time but we can't even hide out in our bedroom alone. lol. I'm not complaining I'm "just saying" =) I can't wait to have our privacy again. I think God just wanted me to move into this new home with an even greater sense of appreciation. What an awesome lesson! Definitely learned too. I can't wait!

As a result of not closing and not moving this past weekend God did do something really awesome. He orchestrated my being able to attend the Women of Faith Conference. Which I highly recommend. It was incredibly enjoyable, insightful, and worshipful. Full Full Full of good God stuff. I got to go with my mom and spend the whole weekend with her and Jesus. I will admit I was a little disctracted by my disappointment with not moving but it was still amazing and I feel like it's been even better for me to reflect on. I loved spending the time with my mom, I loved listening to and learning from the speakers. And of course I loved singing praises to my Heavenly Father or just listening and worshipping in silent adoration. I feel really blessed to have gotten to go and experience such a wonderful event.

And thats the update!

0 comments: