BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.



Friday, September 24, 2010

Positive Aspects of Fighting

Bet you find that to be an interesting title. Last Saturday evening my hubby Jason and I got to have one of the first date nights we've had in months. I was totally looking forward to this evening but also keenly aware of the fact that Satan was too. Though he of course was looking forward to sabotaging it because that's what he does best. Knowing this I decided it was necessary for me to be praying over this night in advance and that's exactly what I did. Feeling confident going into the evening Jason and I began our exciting date.

It all started out dandy. We went to this nice Mexican restaurant that has these amazing margaritas. I kinda like margaritas ;). So we were going to each have A drink and then go get sushi elsewhere. Rule number one, if you decide to involve alcohol, in ANY amount though I suggest moderately, you better be even more careful because that guy Satan can really trip you up. He'll throw one little bomb at ya and if your not ready it'll blow your night up. Welllll I thought I was ready, obviously I was OVER confident and totally fell for his trap. I wont get into the details but it was a disaster and ruined the night.

However, it wasn't a total loss. Yes, that evening was. And yes I woke up the next morning and mourned the whole evening and what had happened. But we were fortunate enough to make up before morning even came and then were able to try it again Sunday afternoon. And it was a success this time. We even got our sushi in!

The funny thing about us fighting is I feel like we needed it. We hadn't fought in awhile actually, and since then we've been all lovey dovey. Which I know isn't what "love" is but it's nice to feel that way toward a person you've been with for 8 years, know what I mean? We've been wanting to be together, more affectionate, more passionate, more intimate and I am extremely grateful for it. And I seriously think it was triggered by the fight. It's like we've been in make up mode for the last week. Satan thinks he won that battle but I have news for him, it back fired! I would trade one fight for a week of married bliss any time. And praise God for forgiveness. He designed it. He wired us to respond this way when true forgiveness takes place. And I also thank Him for my husband. The fight for the most part was my fault, and I can tell you a lot of men would have looked at me and said "You crazy woman get out of here!" but God has blessed me with a husband who's mercy index is far greater than mine. I'm so thankful for that.

This to me is just one example of why we need Christ in our marriage. If we weren't both in relationship with Him it would have all played out much differently. Marriage is best when Christ is at the center of it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very encouraging...thanks for sharing Katie!!! :) love you!