BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.



Thursday, September 16, 2010

Quiet Time with God

Normally when I have my quiet time, it's not very quiet. I used to be able to do it consistently at nap time but then Micaila quit consistently taking a nap. I would love to say I get up every morning before the girls to spend time with Jesus alone. But since our move to my parents, the transition hasn't been easy on Micaila and she hasn't been sleeping well at night. In fact, she started having these "night tremors" I guess is what they call them. Anyway, her not sleeping, means me not sleeping, which makes for one worn out mommy in the morning. Which I know my Gracious Father understands =)

Today though, they both are taking nice long naps. And me and Jesus got to sit down and catch up. I found myself thanking Him a lot today. "God why are you so good to me?" I certainly haven't done anything to deserve it. Thank you Jesus.... one thank you after another. I was reminded of a song, that my sister in law actually sang at church. It's by Casting Crowns called Blessed Redeemer. This song just broke me.

"Father, forgive them," my Savior prayed
Even while His lifeblood flowed fast away
Praying for sinners while in such woe
No one but Jesus ever loved so

I was weeping, tears just streaming down my face. Because the reality once again is that we don't deserve His salvation. And I continually wonder "Why did you do this for us?" And I know it's because of His LOVE for us. I thanked Him today for being Faithful, always, even when I am not. He is always there for me, waiting. And I am so grateful for that. When I don't "feel" like meeting with Him, He waits. Good news is He will even work in me so that I will feel like it. Philippians 2:13 For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. His good purpose being that I spend time with Him, getting to know Him, loving Him, so I can be equipped to love others to Him as well.

Thank you Jesus for being my Blessed Redeemer and for loving me the way You do.

0 comments: